Frequently Asked Questions

Thank you for your interest in Tall Pines ATV Park!  Below are some frequently asked questions that will hopefully clear up any confusion you have.  If you still have questions after reviewing this section, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.  

1. Does my ATV need to be registered and insured?  According to NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law, it probably does.  You are riding on private property here, but we don't check or enforce this rule.  However, if you have an accident where someone is injured, the State Police will be called by the hospital and you might get a ticket.  Most side by sides cannot be registered in NYS.  They are treated as equipment and can be driven on the public roads.  If you want to go down into the village of Andover, you need to have license and insurance on all ATVs and bikes.  Just Insurance on Side by Sides.

2. Does Tall Pines rent ATVs?  No we don't.  Wish we could.

3. Can my young children ride wearing their bicycle helmets?  ALL riders are required to wear DOT Approved motorcycle or ATV helmets.  You don't put a million dollar head in a ten dollar helmet!

4. Are you Open?  We are open 7 days a week from January 2nd to the Sunday before the start of next Rifle Deer Season in November. You can always check our website for any unscheduled closing.  When it's real cold and lots of snow you can always call us to get a trail report.  No more Tough Mudder events.

5.  Are the trails open during the 24 Hour Race?  Yes, most of them.  Approximately 25% of them are closed during the event.  They will open right after the race finishes at about 11:00 on Sunday morning. Remember, they race ALL NIGHT so if you think that is going to bother your sleeping, you might want to pick a different weekend to come.  

6.  Are all the trails wide enough for my Side X Side?  Yes, except for the "Bikes Only" they are all wide enough for any S X S we have ever seen.  They are groomed by a bulldozer that is 7' wide.  

7.  Can my 18 year old sign a minor waiver for his girl friend, brother, cousin, friend, etc?  NO.  The minor waiver has to be signed by a parent or guardian.  If you are bringing a waiver with you and the parent who signed it is not with you, we will need a copy of the signers Drivers License.  No Exceptions!

8. Do I need to bring my driver's license or picture ID?  Yes, so we can enter you and your waiver into our computer system.  We will issue you an "Easy Pass" to speed up registration.  The records are secure and are not ever shared with anybody.

9.  What is an Easy Pass?  It is a card we issue to you that has your registration number on it that links to your waiver and ID.  That way, you only have to print your name and number, pay and go ride.  No more waivers to fill out.

10.  What if I lose my Easy Pass?  You should keep your number in your phone under contacts.  That way if you lose the card you are still able to register quickly.  If you don't have it, we can look it up if we are not too busy.  When we are busy you will probably have to fill out waivers again and get a new number.  At some point we may start charging for lost cards.

11.  Why should I follow the directions on the website instead of following my GPS?  Two reasons.  Barrett Hill Road and Pixley Hill Road.  They are very steep,rough, NOT BLACKTOPPED, and are "Seasonal Use Roads".  They are marked as such.  There is no Maintenance, i.e. PLOWING SANDING or SALTING.  Follow our directions and stay on the good blacktopped roads.  You don't want to have problems on the way here.  Save yourself trouble and save your transmission, use our directions.

12.  What if I arrive at Tall Pines and there is nobody there to register me?  There is a list of phone numbers on the door and on the table inside the door.  Start at the top and start calling until you get somebody.  Don't give up.  We are still an operating farm.  We are close by and will come as soon as you call. If you don't get someone right away, get unloaded and try again. 

13.  On a Family Season Pass, can I have my uncle and my cousin and my brother on it?  NO. A Family Season Pass is for a Mom and Dad and minor children who live at home.  Once the children are old enough to buy their own beer, they need to buy their own season pass. 

14.  How old does my child have to be to ride ATVs?  We leave that up to the judgement of the parents.  We do however want to see young riders on a machine appropriate for their size and skill level.  Children under 16 need to be under ADULT supervision.




Find Us!

Connect With Us!